January 25, 2010

BABY STEP 22 - Just ask (Jan 22)

“Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name; ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.” (John 16:24)
I like that image. I would like my joy to be full, please. And thank you.
So today I’m going to ask. Again. In my Magic Prayer. What do I need to change about myself?
I can’t control others. I can only control myself. I began to say that perhaps I could control a two-year-old, but who am I kidding? We were all given agency by our creator. That agency means that we make our own choices and we are responsible for them.
But if that thought is discouraging, take heart. If we can come to a place where we accept that we’re not perfect (we’re not, you know) and stop beating ourselves up for not being perfect (we do), then we come to a place of peace. Peace and, unexpectedly, power.
Today, in addition to saying our prayer, and doing our breathing (go to the corner, ladies), let’s open ourselves up to the possibility that God is going to help us, just because He is our Heavenly Father and just because we are His beloved children.
If we’re discouraged, like I was a few days ago, ask for peace and calm.
If we’re hurting, ask for comfort.
If we’re struggling with a challenge, any challenge, ask for help, a divine idea even, in dealing with it.
Ask, and ye shall receive.

© Copyright 2010 Heather Horrocks

No comments:

Post a Comment