January 18, 2010

BABY STEP 18 - Discouragement (Jan 18)

“Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” (Dale Carnegie)
It's been two weeks since I started and I'm feeling a little discouraged. Is this what I’m supposed to be doing right now? I don’t mean the baby steps. I’m definitely taking those. But this blog feels so foreign to me, and I wonder about it.
But for now I’ll continue.
Why? Partially because I happen to believe that Satan wants us to fail. If we are making choices he approves of, he has no reason to discourage us. So--whether in losing weight or in other areas in life--if you feel discouragement, know that you are doing something right and that is why Satan is trying to discourage you.
I think I'm going to go pray for strength to continue in my chosen course. And I'll do some relaxing breathing.
And I'll read something, just for the fun of it. And polish another scene in my new mystery. That will make me feel better.
But first, I’m going to run a load of dishes and one load of laundry, because, although my kids and husband will survive, they won’t complain as much if they have clean underwear and can find a clean plate.
Maybe I’ll think about dinner now, too.
What can you do today to pamper yourself?
Well, what are you waiting for?


© Copyright 2010 Heather Horrocks

No comments:

Post a Comment