January 25, 2010

BABY STEP 19 - Or why bother? (Jan 19)

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” (Isa. 41:10)
I'm still discouraged. I'm having to absolutely force myself to do much of anything. But I’m forcing myself through today, because I always feel better when I do than when I don't. I still feel discouraged--but I'm discouraged and I've done a load of dishes and laundry and gotten dinner in the crockpot. I’ve taken my medicine and fed the dog. I'm discouraged but I'm pushing ahead anyway.
And each push I make gives me what I need to do the next. To get past this discouragement. To make the changes I want to make in order to get the changes into my life that I want to have.
Step by step. Some days you take happy, dancing steps, other days you can barely lift your foot to shuffle along. But as long as you keep taking those steps--nothing can stop you.
In a few days, I'll be dancing again. But, until then--I'll keep doing it anyway.
Because this year I'm doing things differently. This time I’m not going to let Satan discourage me with his lies.
The truth is I am a child of God, who wants me to be healthy and is going to answer my magic prayer as I continue to take baby steps.
Because if we’re not moving our feet, it’s hard for God to guide our steps.

© Copyright 2010 Heather Horrocks

No comments:

Post a Comment