January 25, 2010

BABY STEP 20 - Just Eat Less--HA! (Jan 20)

Unfortunately, there is usually more of a reason for why we are overweight than just "eating more” and more losing it--and keeping it off- -than just “eating less.” Almost always there is some sort of a subconscious thing going on.
Mine has proven a protection for me. Not protection I wanted or would have chosen consciously--but it is a wonderful subconscious defense system.
It is vitally important to get your conscious and subconscious desires into line with each other. Otherwise, you might go to a great deal of effort to lose your excess weight and look great, only to regain it later. We don't want that to happen. Not ever again.
So we need to find something that will help. For me in my twenties, it was yoga; specifically, the yoga relaxation tape that had me visualize inhaling not only oxygen but love into my body. That's something I plan on starting again...soon. And I’ll pass it along when I do.
In my late twenties, when I was in a troubled marriage, traditional counseling gave me the tools to live in an emotionally healthier manner. In my forties, a Kinergetics practitioner helped me release many emotional issues I've needed “protection” from.
Is there something you need to release? Something you need protection from? If there’s something you need to look at, let’s ask God to help Him show you gently and lovingly.
As you’re praying the Magic Prayer (“What do I need to know and change about myself in order to lose my excess weight and keep it off, once and for all?”), keep yourself open to the answer coming. I may come today, or it may not come for weeks. But when it does, you want to be paying attention.
This is not a microwave year of weight loss; this is a crockpot approach. It takes time to figure things out, to make new decisions and make them habits.
Pray about what you need to do to take a step on this subconscious path, so different for everyone, because we're all at different places.
And this year? Well, I guess I’ll go pray and see what it is I need to do now, in my fifties.
Once and for all.
© Copyright 2010 Heather Horrocks

No comments:

Post a Comment