February 10, 2010

BABY STEP 39 - Day of Rest (Feb 8)

If Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, why do I still have so much to do?
My family still expects dinner, usually a big one (roast beef in the crockpot makes it easier, especially if I cook up the potatoes, mash 'em, and stick them in another crockpot on warm, and even make the gravy and put it in a small crockpot). But it still takes time.
Today my kitchen is still torn up, so my husband grilled some steaks on the BBQ grill (it's too cold to grill, but when you don't have a stove/oven hooked up, the choices for a nice Sunday dinner are limited.
My family and I watched three movies today. Usually we'll go weeks without watching one, but we had a regular movie-lalapalooza today. Not many steps, but a lot of relaxation time watching silly movies.
The Incredible Mr. Limpet (man wishing he could be a fish--and becoming one). Them (giant ants, if you must know). And Quigley Down Under. I love Crazy Cora. She's so flawed and Quigley (Tom Selleck) is so gentle with her, even when she's driving him nuts. It's a sweet love story.
Today I caught my breath, in between the last week of business (construction and Eagle Court coming up) and the next week of business (a funeral, floor going in, and a writers' conference).
Sometimes the breaths we take are emotional ones. Today I breathed deeply of family togetherness.

© Copyright 2010 Heather Horrocks

No comments:

Post a Comment