February 10, 2010

BABY STEP 38 - Living Waters (Feb 7)

How much water did you drink today? I’ve started fixing myself tasty drinks so that I’m drinking more and enjoying it more than plain ‘ole water.
Plain ‘ole water.
I remember living in Kuwait when I was a teen. We had water tanks on top of our flat roofs. A water truck would bring water to the house and pump it up into the tank on the house.
And when we ran the water, it would run hot to begin with. If we wanted cold water, we had to wait a few moments.
And I remember when I was a young child, in South America, when we showered in cold water. I remember when we finally got hot water--and I would still end my shower with cold water because it was so refreshing in the South American heat.
And I remember days when I thought, during the entire working day, that I ought to go fill my big drinking mug--but I didn't. I was starving my body of water.
Remember, my body--and yours--is in large part water. We need to replenish that water, so the water that's already in there can do its job--some of which is to carry toxins out of the body. We want to get rid of toxins and bring in the life-bringing moisture of water.
So the next time you go to a restaurant, order water. Your body will thank you. And it might even become a healthy habit.
Just like that.
Got water?
© Copyright 2010 Heather Horrocks

No comments:

Post a Comment