February 10, 2010

BABY STEP 34 - DOUBLE DUH! (Feb 3)

"One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you." (Sung by Nancy Sinatra)
Today I wore my pedometer again. I had taken nearly 4000 steps by seven o'clock and I was pleased with that number. Then, somewhere, the pedometer fell off my waistband, where I had it clipped.
So that kind of ruined my total for the day. Tomorrow I'll try the lanyard provided and see if that's more convenient.
Back in my twenties I went to a karate class. Afterward, my body thanked me for the great workout. Our bodies are designed to move.
You know the old saying; Use it, or lose it. And the first thing we lost is flexibility. And the loss of flexibility and limberness is what makes me feel older. Conversely, when I am more flexible and limber, I feel younger.
Later in the year, we're going to begin loosening our bodies. But for now, let's just start moving them. Gently. And there's not much movement more gentle than what we do every day of our lives (if we're lucky) -- walking.
Keep walking today. If you don't have your pedometer yet, what are you waiting for? It's already February. We have lots of time left to implement changes, but be sure to implement them as they come, or you'll reach the end of the year without having made any changes.
I intend to make the changes, gently, and be closer to vibrant, limber health by the end of the day.
So don't get your running shoes on. Not yet. Maybe not ever. But make sure you have a good pair of walking shoes. Or, if all you have is a ratty old pair of tennies, pull 'em on and start walking.
One of these days these shoes are gonna walk all over ... new. New habits. Newly refound health. New joy.
Come on and join me. Hook on your pedometer. Now -- dadadada -- start walking.

© Copyright 2010 Heather Horrocks

No comments:

Post a Comment