February 10, 2010

BABY STEP 35 - Double Trouble (Feb 4)

Interesting. I found my pedometer and today I took off the clip and hung it on the lanyard from my waist (it seemed too big around my neck).
And this time I didn't lose it.
But, since it was swinging around on the lanyard, I bumped one of the buttons and deleted the number of steps.
Okay. Tomorrow, I'll try clipping it to my waistband where I don't bump the buttons, and also clip the lanyard on my waistband so if the clip falls off, I won't lose the pedometer.
Our kitchen floor is torn up right now as we prepare to put down a pretty new wood-look floor. It's been overwhelming, and today I'm just trying to get myself centered enough to *not* be overwhelmed.
What centers you?
Other than chocolate, which is kind of a faux-fix, I like to read. To lose myself in the lives of others. After I come back from a good book, I can handle my own life more easily. Sometimes going for a walk helps, but this week I've needed to stay at home while the guys have been working on tearing out our old subfloor and installing new, improved subfloor. (Yeah, I don't get it, either. I'm glad there are people who enjoy doing that so I don't have to).
What are ways you keep from becoming overwhelmed with what's going on in your life?

© Copyright 2010 Heather Horrocks

No comments:

Post a Comment